- National Escape Day – While you may not be able to escape with a trip across the world, you can take a break from the stress in your life Saturday by putting your health and well-being first.
- Yodel for Your Neighbors Day – Have some fun annoying your neighbors today and do some yodeling, or simply crank up some yodeling songs for your neighbors to “enjoy”.
- National Croissant Day – Croissant can be enjoyed so many ways! Filled with eggs, cheese or sweeten yours with chocolate and fruit.
Birthdays, Saturday, January, 30
- Kid Cudi – 37
- Becky Lynch, 34 – WWE wrestler
- Wilmer Valderrama, 42 – That 70’s Show actor and Demi Lovato’s ex
- Christian Bale, 47 – Some say he was the best Batman. Do you agree?
- Jody Watley, 62
- Phil Collins, 70 – Legendary singer who’s ex wife is not being very nice right now.
- Gene Hackman,91
Today In History: Saturday, January, 30
- 1969: The Beatles perform their last live gig, a 42 minute concert on the roof of Apple Corps headquarters in London.
- 1973: Kiss plays their first show at the Coventry Club in Queens, NY.
- 1978: The Mutual Broadcasting Network begins airing The Larry King Show on the radio.
- 1982: Country blues musician Lightnin’ Hopkins dies of esophageal cancer at age 69.
- 1988: INXS land their first and only US #1 with “Need You Tonight.”
- 1989: With Steven Adler in rehab, Don Henleyfills in on drums for Guns N’ Roses when they play “Patience” at the American Music Awards.
- 1990: LA center Wayne Gretzky sets NHL record by scoring his 100th point of the season for the 11th straight season.
- 1996: Eazy-E’s posthumous album Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton is released.