29 July 2023 – Back to school shopping on your mind? Hang on till 4 August 2023. The West Virginia State Sales Tax Holiday begins each year on the Friday before the first Sunday in August and ends the following Monday.
What items qualify for the sales tax holiday?
- During the holiday, the following items are exempt from Sales and Use tax:
- Certain clothing with a purchase price of $125 or less
- Certain laptop and tablet computers with a purchase price of $500 or less; and
- Certain school instruction material with a purchase price of $20 or less
- Certain school supplies with a purchase price of $50 or less
- Certain sports equipment with a purchase price of $150 or less.
Items purchased for use in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.
CLICK HERE for more details.