- Paper Airplane Day – Put down your smartphones and make a paper airplane for some good old fashion fun!
- Blueberry Cheesecake Day – Do you love all things cheesecake and blueberries? Today is your day to indulge in this heavenly dessert.
- World Redhead Day – Only 2% of the world’s population has red hair! Who are some of your favorite gingers? Ed Sheeran? Luke Combs?
BIRTHDAYS! May, 26th
- Scott Disick, 38. – Reality star, train wreck, Kourtney Kardashian’s ex, that guy!
- Isaac Slade, 40 – Lead singer of The Fray. “How to Save a Life”
- Lauryn Hill, 46 – Fugees! “Ooh la la la”
- Matt Stone, 50 – Genius co-creator of “South Park” he also voices Kyle, Kenny, Butters, Tweek, Saddam Hussein and Big Gay Al.
- Helena Bonham Carter, 55 – British actress “Fight Club”
- Lenny Kravitz, 57 – Rock God!
- Hank Williams Jr., 72 – He’s a LEGEND! His daddy was one too! ( Check out our capsule for great audio)
- Pam Grier, 72. – She’s ‘Foxy Brown”
- Stevie Nicks, 73 – Icon!
- Brent Musburger, 82 – Retired play-by-play sportscasters. Top dog for nearly 50 years.
- Miles Davis (1926 – 1991) One of the greatest jazz musician!
John Wayne (1907 – 1979) Legendary actor
TODAY IN HISTORY:
- 1868: U.S. President Andrew Johnson was acquitted, by one vote, of all charges in his impeachment trial
- 1896: The Dow Jones Industrial Average appeared for the first time in the “Wall Street Journal.”
- 1969: The Apollo 10 astronauts returned to Earth after a successful eight-day dress rehearsal for the first manned moon landing.
- 1978: The First Legal Casino in the eastern U.S. opened inAtlantic City, New Jersey. It was the Resorts Atlantic City, which still stands today.
- 1994: Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley got married. They decided to get divorced 20 months later, citing irreconcilable differences
- 1994: Alanis Morissette and her producer Glen Ballard write “Ironic” for her forthcoming breakthrough album Jagged Little Pill
- 1999: Backstreet Boys’ album Millennium sells 1.13 million units in its first week, establishing a new SoundScan-era record for sales in a single week
- 2004: Fantasia Barrino wins Season 3 of American Idol
- 2004: US Army veteran Terry Nichols is found guilty of 161 state murder charges for helping carry out the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2009: Mike Tyson’s 4-year-old daughter Exodus died . . . a day after she accidentally hung herself on a treadmill at the family home.
- 2011: Hangover Part ll was released!