Birthdays! Sunday, Oct. 8th:
- Bruno Mars, 38 – Silk Sonic singer! He’s SMOOTH!
- Nick Cannon, 43 – The Masked Singer host and daddy to a lot of babies!
- The Miz, 43 – WWE Superstar
- Matt Damon, 53 – Jason Bourne actor
- Teddy Riley, 56 – Super-Producer and member of BLACKstreet,
- Sigourney Weaver, 74 – The Alien franchise actress
- Chevy Chase, 80 – Legendary comedic actor
- Jesse Jackson, 82 – Civil rights leader
- Johnny Ramone (1948 – 2004) Ramones guitarist
Sunday In History:
- 1956: The New York Yankees’ Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series
- 1957: Brooklyn Dodgers announce move to Los Angeles
- 1971: John Lennon releases his megahit single “Imagine”
- 1982:Cats, based on Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot, opened on Broadway and ran for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
- 1988: Def Leppard’s “Love Bites” hit #1 in the US
- 2001: President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security 4 weeks after the terrorist attacks on September 11th.
- 2004: Martha Stewart officially began serving her five-month sentence at Camp Cupcake in West Virginia as Inmate #55170-054
- 2012: Disclosure and Sam Smith released the single “Latch”
- 2018: New Orleans QB Drew Brees becomes NFL’s all-time leader in passing yards, passing Peyton Manning’s record when the Saints 43-19 beat the Washington Redskins at the Superdome. Tom Brady then passed Drew’s record on (10.3.21) against the Patriots.