Sunday Will Be:
- Global Handwashing Day – A gentle reminder to wash your hands to fight off those germs!
- Mushroom Day – Not those types of mushrooms… Add some mushrooms to your salad, or saute with onions for your burger or steak!
- Motorcycle Ride Day – Fall is a great time to go for a ride!
- Grouch Day – Go ahead and be a grouch.
- Pug Day – Celebrate those adorable wrinkle face dogs!
Birthdays! Sunday, October 15th:
- Keyshia Cole, 42 – R&B singer who is “Heaven Scent”
- Ginuwine, 53 – Legendary “Pony” singer
- Kimberly Schlapman, 54 – Little Big Town singer
- Vanessa Marcil, 55 – General Hospital and Beverly Hills, 90210 actress
- Brenda K. Starr, 57 – “I Still Believe” Mariah Carey was her backup singer
- Eric Benét, 57 – R&B singer who cheated on Halle Berry
- Emeril Lagasse, 64 – Celebrity chef. BAM!
- Sarah Ferguson, 64 – The Duchess of York
- Tito Jackson, 70 – Singer, guitarist, and member of The Jackson 5
- Richard Carpenter, 77 – The Carpenters singer
- Penny Marshall ( 1943 – 2018) Director and forever Laverne DeFazio in the sitcom Laverne & Shirley
- Mario Puzo (1920 – 1999) Author of The Godfather
Sunday In History:
- 1951: I Love Lucy premiered on CBS
- 1973: Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” was released
- 1976: The first debate of its kind between VP nominees Bob Dole (Republican) and Walter Mondale (Democrat) faced off in Houston. Dole was Gerald Ford’s running mate. Mondale was Jimmy Carter’s.
- 1981: Metallica formed as a band
- 1982: The first Evil Deadpremiered in Detroit.
- 1992: Madonna holds a “Sex” party at Industria Superstudio in Manhattan to promote her upcoming book Sex. She shows up dressed like Little Bo Peep, carrying a stuffed lamb
- 1999: Fight Club was released, starring Brad Pitt
- 2000: Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm premised on HBO
- 2011: Scotty McCreery picks up a Ford F-150 pickup truck at a North Carolina dealership. One of his prizes for winning American Idol
- 2018: Sears files for bankruptcy.