CHAMBERSBURG – Approximately one in 10 Americans struggle with substance use disorder and about half of residents have a friend, family member or loved one fighting addiction.
Franklin/Fulton County Drug and Alcohol in partnership with WellSpan Health, is hosting a virtual recovery town hall, Celebrating Connections, on Sept. 28, from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
September 2020 is Recovery Month. The National Recovery Month theme for 2020 is “Join the Voices for Recovery: Celebrating Connections.” Events kicked off earlier in the month with a proclamation by the Franklin County Commissioners.
The color purple, signifying recovery, is on display in town centers, businesses and individuals’ homes throughout Franklin County during Recovery Month.
The virtual town hall will feature local panelists from the medical community, law enforcement and faith community, as well as individuals in recovery, family members and recovery supports. The public is invited to attend to learn how collaboration and community support help to assist those with substance use disorders to find meaningful and sustained recovery.
● Mitchell Crawford, DO, WellSpan Philhaven
● Matt Fogal, Franklin County District Attorney
● Woody Strait, Fulton County Family Partnership Project Director
● Joseph Bailey, Certified Recovery Specialist
● Rebecca Troutman, Lighthouse Recovery
● Doug Coldsmith, Grand Point Church
● Michael Straley, Leah’s Legacy Family Advocate
Registration is required by Sept. 26 at https://www.wellspan.org/events/details/Celebrating-Connections-Recovery-Happens-Together—-A-Virtual-Town-Hall-Event/1308.